Wednesday, May 12, 2010

No Clue

So this is my very first blog ever in my life. Woo hoo! I'm pretty stoked, but I'll be honest, I am really nervous that my blogging career is going to be an epic fail. I really don't know what to blog about. I wish I had kids so I could have something interesting and worthwhile to write about. But I don't, so I'm afraid my entries are going to turn out to be a bunch of random thoughts/facts/questions/ponderings. Hopefully you don't mind. I guess you don't because you're still reading! Haha. So as I sit here at the computer I hear the soft patter of mice feet (or paws, I guess they're called?) in the small cage beside me. They are the food for Brandon's Banana California King snake named Relik. Fear not, he is friendly, or, at least he has been so far. He doesn't have teeth and he's not poisonous and I get a kick out of letting him slither through my hands sometimes!

I still remember the first time Brandon brought a live mouse home with the intention of feeding it to Relik. I cried for the poor little soul. I vowed I would save him and yet he still ended up in the snake's belly. Well, I'm probably creeping you out right now, so I'll quit with all the snake talk. My dog, Berlin, is sleeping on the floor behind my chair. She finally gave up all the whining and begging to be released from this room I have her locked in with me. I haven't found her to be trustworthy to roam the rest of the house unsupervised yet. The last time I did that (2 days ago) I found her as happy as can be tearing my bathing suit apart. Ah, well, I needed a new one anyway.

I'm sure you're probably wondering what kind of a canine she is, breed-wise. She's a mix of Boxer and Pit bull. Now, now. Please don't think that just because she's part Pit that she's going to turn on us and maul us to the point of becoming unrecognizable. There are no bad dogs, just bad owners, if you can even call some that. Like Cesar Millan (The Dog Whisperer) says, "I deal with a lot of red zone cases, and I often hear people incorrectly blaming the breed. Any breed can cause trouble. The difference between an aggressive Chihuahua and an aggressive Pit Bull is that the bigger breeds can cause proportionately bigger damage." Berlin is a very sweet and energetic dog. We love her to bits. She knows her basic commands and we have even trained her to ring a bell that hangs on the backdoor when she wants to go outside. Brandon taught her to "roll over" in about 10 minutes a few days ago. She's very smart!

Well, I think I've written enough for my first blog. I guess it didn't turn out to be as crappy as I thought it was going to! Haha. Stay tuned for the next entry but don't hold your breath!

2 comments:

  1. Your snake and dog are your kids now. It's funny how we tend to write about our loved ones that can't really criticize what we write.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, totally, Joe! Yes, until I actually have a real kid, I will probably be writing a lot about the snake, dog and fish. Well, I don't know about the fish so much, because, really, what is there to write about? "Oh, the fish went to the top of the water and flipped it's tail and splashed me..." I think that would be the only note-worthy thing to write about the fish. Haha. And no, that didn't really happen.

    ReplyDelete